So you come to our institute to learn web technologies like HTML5 or PHP. Or maybe you have just joined BCA and want to learn the basic languages C++ thoroughly and progress along.
The question comes up after you have graduated in B.Sc Computer Science or BCA or in Design.
Question is: Should I pursue further education or should I get some job experience?
Many are searching for the answer to this and they look at data, which says that having a master’s degree means a higher job and more salary.
yes it is true, but here is the Caveat!
When you have done the master’s degree, you are expected to do a higher level job than basic programming. You will not be satisfied with a lower job profile and would pass on the opportunity for better chances.
A better way forward would be to:-
• Get a job after your graduation (having a job when studying is better)
• Work 2-3 years on the job.
• Have a look at your likes and dislikes, interests, capabilities.
• Know what skills the job scenario demands
• Then go after a Post-Graduate Degree
Who knows, maybe from being a web designer you may get into coding, or vice-versa. You may take a PG degree in something not related to computers directly, viz. Statistics, to develop big-data products.
Or you may change track completely and go for psychology or media studies, anything to give you the skills to make better web portals and start-ups.
Some More advantages of having job-experience is that:
• You have your own money and don’t have to ask parents.
• You also interact with youngsters when returning to college; you will have a different mental framework. You will be younger than your age.
• Also you can have a part-time job from your previous company because of the networking you had whilst at job.
• A college when you are older will mean that you will be more fit and young looking till your later years.
So our advice is definitely: